“Somirivigama” at Badigantota, Suriyawewa in Hambantota district was the 38th model village declared open to public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This was vested in the public on 19th August 2017 by Hon.Sajith Premadasa, Minister of Housing and Construction.
National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest rate to beneficiaries to construct houses in the “Somirivigama” model village consisted of 24 new housing units and this is also a reawakened village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development.
This village is comprised of clean drinking water, electricity, formally constructed access roads and an internal road system.
Following benefits were enabled to the people by vesting the “Somirivigama” model village in public on 19th August 2017.
- Housing titles were given to 24 recipient families of housing.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.40 Million were granted to 400 low income families in the area.
- Occupational tool kits, uniforms and subjects related text books amounted to Rs.3,850,000 were supplied to 100 youths in area selected for the construction industry training under.
- chairs valuable Rs. 18,000 were distributed to the housing society of the new village
- A kidney disease clinic and an indigenous medical clinic were conducted.