“Sri Vipulatissa Nahimigama” at Ganegoda in Eheliyagoda in Rathnapura district is the 170th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 25.02.2019.
The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in “Sri Vipulatissa Nahimigama” village consisted of 31 new housing units, and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Sri Vipulatissa Nahimigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 31 recipient families in “Sri Vipulatissa Nahimigama” village.
- Free hold deeds were given to families in the area.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.30Mn. were granted to 150 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans amounted Rs.10Mn. were given to 50 beneficiaries.
- Housing aids worth Rs.13.2Mn were given to beneficiaries under the “Viru Sumituru” housing programme.
- Housing aids amounted Rs.10Mn was given to kidney affected families in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.