“Srinivasamahimigama” at Galahitiyawa in Panduwasnuwara East in Kurunegala district is the 175th model village vested in the public under the New Village Reawakening Programme. This village was open to public by Hon. Minister of Housing, Construction & Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa on 07.03.2019.
The National Housing Development Authority has given housing loans at low interest to the beneficiaries to construct houses in “Srinivasamahimigama” village consisted of 20 new housing units, and it is also a model village constructed under the Community Participatory Housing Development Programme.
In the ceremony of entrusting the “Srinivasamahimigama” model villages to the public, following benefits were facilitated to the people
- Housing titles were given to 20 recipient families in “Srinivasamahimigama” village.
- Scattered housing loan cheques worth Rs.69.8Mn. were granted to 332 low income families in the area.
- “Sonduru Piyasa” housing loans were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Housing aids worth Rs.72.95Mn were given to beneficiaries under the “Gramashakthi” housing programme.
- Housing aids worth Rs.9.2Mn were given to kidney affected families in the area.
- Self – employment loans by Regional Development Bank were given to beneficiaries in the area.
- Spectacles were given to individuals with visual impairments in the area.